This past weekend we had some serious juggling of children and all of their activities this weekend. I had some work to do that would take majority of the day, Award Winning Dad had to take the boys to karate, I had to pick one of them up, and so on. Half way through the first act we realized I took the car with three car seats, leaving him with only 2 car seats in the other car and all three children. In my car rant as we figure out a way to switch cars, I blurt out “I’m like air traffic control up in here”. It was here I had my Oprah aha moment and realized I am an air traffic controller for our family, our home, places to be, schedule, time, down to the car that we need. With exactly 61 seconds of internet research, I confirmed it!
• Air traffic controllers are “ground based controllers who direct aircrafts on the ground and through a controlled air space” – I mean if you replace the aircrafts with members of my family Yes!
• They “prevent collisions, organize and expedite the flow of air traffic” –If you remove the word air, yes this is me!
• “Receiving and processing data from other airports and continuously monitoring local weather conditions” – If other airports mean other people, then hell yeah!
• “A person whose job it is to give instructions” – obviously!
• “Round the clock coordination required to keep the system working at maximum efficiency” – duh!
• “Control all the ground traffic including baggage, vehicles, and all airport workers” – if airport workers are members of my family, then yes this is me!
• “Alert airport response staff in the event of aircraft emergency” – replace aircraft with my kids, then yes, right again!
• “Handling unexpected events, emergencies, and unscheduled traffic” – me, me and me!
And there you have it folks, in addition to being a daughter, sister, wife, mom, colleague, neighbour, aunt, driver, chef, maid, travel agent, bathroom attendant, teacher, coach, friend, and so on… this an all be summed up in my role as an Air Traffic Controller.